Amineko is one of my wishlist project this year and this is the biggest amigurumi I ever crocheted.   My first encountered with this buddy was when I read Happiness is Scrappy blog post on my early year when I start crocheting. You can read about her post about this HERE. I'm really fascinated to know there are actually possibilities to crochet huge amigurumi that have almost the same length as her bed because during that time even only 7cm height amigurumi took me days to finish.

Apparently this cat amigurumi is very well known in amigurumi world  and known as amineko. Amineko pattern is design by Japanese crocheter and she share her pattern HERE. She also share pattern of the smaller  size of amineko.



I used soft acyrilic nyam nyam yarn  that I bought from Pinkyfrogshop and 6.0 mm crochet hook to make this huge amigurumi. I used almost 3 balls of 100gram yarns.





 Instead of embroid the nose like in the pattern, I crochet the amineko nose in circle and just attached it like in the picture above.





Flat lay of my amineko before I stuffed polyfiber to it's body and limb and attached altogether. You can see my feet there to compare it's size with the amineko.


I'm so sleepy
Done. At first, I expected my amineko will have the same size as Sam's amineko of Happie Scrappie but mine was much more smaller. Maybe no even half of her amineko size. I actually buy 7 balls of 100gram yarn like as her mention in her post. But only end up used 2 and half ball. Then I figure maybe I used different thickness of yarn.

I'm really glad I completed this project and now I can cross down one of my wishlist project. I really have fun making this amineko. I love how I just need to embroid  it's eyes instead of use button or safety eyes, because it may quite challenging to find size that suitable for huge amigurumi. I also really love how it's look sleepy, make its great companion for me to sleep.


0 Comments